Effective Airflow Management
- Reduces server intake temperatures and reduces hot spots.
- Allows for higher rack densities.
- Prevents hot air recirculation.
- Supports reduced energy costs by providing the opportunity to increase temperature set points and/or turn off cooling units or reduce fan speeds.
Modular and Flexible
- Flexible design can be applied to hot or cold aisles.
- Can be reconfigured quickly and easily.
- Adapts to your computer room as it evolves.
- Components can be used independently.
Easy to Install
- Can be self-installed in minutes without tools.
- Minimal disruption in computer room as no custom construction required.
- Saves time and money as no professional installation is needed.
- Easy to order; no custom measuring required.
- Ready to install out-of-the-box.
- No 3rd party engineering, design, or installation required for set-up.
Open-Sealing Design - Fully-sealed cold aisles — as used in traditional containment systems — have the potential to over-pressurize the aisle. ASHRAE warns against over-pressurization, as excess air should not be pushed through IT equipment. AisleLok Modular Containment’s open-sealing design allows excess supply air to flow through the top opening, thus eliminating the potential for over-pressurization.
Magnetic Attachment - AisleLok’s simplicity and ease of installation are attributed to its magnetic application. Testing by Upsite Technologies has shown that when AisleLok Modular Containment is properly installed as designed, the magnets do not exceed the allowed magnetic field strength limits given by Manufacturers of IT equipment. As data centers and IT equipment have evolved overall, the potential of interference from magnets has diminished.
Fire Safety - AisleLok Modular Containment components are designed with UL94 flammability rated materials. The AisleLok Modular Containment solution is suitable in most data centers using gaseous fire suppression systems. As with the installation of any containment method, the final approval for compliance resides with the local authority having jurisdiction (AHJ).
Analysis and Testing - Extensive CFD analysis on the AisleLok Modular Containment design shows that the solution can reduce server inlet temperatures by as much as 20°F in extreme conditions. On-site computer room testing of large financial and government institutions yielded similar results.