Please note, the Raritan EMX2-111-KIT has been discontinued. To discuss alternative options, please contact your Server Racks Online sales representative.
The Raritan EMX2-111-KIT is a Smart rack controller with 1 x RJ-12 sensor port, expandable up to 16 connected sensors using Sensor Hubs. Kit includes 1 x DPX-T3H1 - (3) temperature, (1) humidity sensors.
Raritan's smart rack controller allows you to use any of Raritan's sensors such as temperature and humidity, Raritan's Power IQ energy management software, or the asset management solution composed of the AMT and AMS intelligent asset tags, and dcTrack data center infrastructure management (DCIM) software or a third-party asset management system with SNMP capability.
The 1U device functions as an SNMP gateway with ports for Raritan's 1-Wire sensors, as well as ports for RS-485 serial, KVM, DB-9 modem/console, USB-A and USB-B.
Raritant EMX2-111 Brochure (PDF)
Raritan EMX2-111's Ports:
- 1 x 1-Wire sensor (RJ-12)
- 1 x RS-485 serial (RJ-45)
- 1 x KVM/feature (RJ-45)
- 1 x modem/console (DB-9)
- 1 x USB-A and 1 x USB-B
- Air pressure
- Comprehensive information at local display
- Wide viewing angle
Wired or WiFi Network Ready:
- Supports SNMPv1, v2 and v3 GETs/SETs/TRAPs, and CLI, and has its own GUI
- Provides 10/100 Ethernet connection to Raritan’s Power IQ energy management software, dcTrack data center infrastructure management (DCIM) software or third-party applications.
USB Camera Support
USB port supports USB Wi-Fi networking and USB webcams
Electronic Asset Tracking & Management
- Raritan Asset Management Tags (AMT): An electronic asset tag with a unique ID attaches to an IT device in 1U rack increments.
- Raritan Asset Management Sensors (AMS): The asset sensors mounted on your racks monitor and provide location information on each asset
- Raritan EMX: A Web-based EMX GUI allows you to remotely see the location of each IT device or pass the information on to Raritan’s dcTrack DCIM software
dcTrack – Using Raritan’s intelligent Asset Management Tags (AMT) and Asset Management Sensors (AMS), EMX provides real-time asset location to dcTrack, Raritan’s data center infrastructure management (DCIM) software providing accurate asset location tracking to the 1U level in a rack.
DCIM Monitoring Software
Power IQ – Using Raritan’s environment sensors, EMX acts as a gateway to feed data such as temperature, humidity, airflow, air pressure and contact closure information to Power IQ, Raritan’s energy management and data center monitoring software. Power IQ can create a variety of reports and charts. It can also send alerts when thresholds are crossed. With the unique Power IQ cooling chart you can understand if you are compliant with manufacturers’ and industry-accepted recommendations, and project how much you can save by increasing room ambient temperatures.
Benefits of Remote Monitoring
Raritan's rack monitoring solution helps you manage the physical environment of your rack. With this solution and the appropriate sensors you can:
- Minimize the hours needed to track IT assets, thereby saving time and money
- Ensure uptime by monitoring racks for possible hot spots
- Save on cooling costs by confidently raising data center temperatures
- Maintain cabinet security with USB webcams
- Improve data center uptime by receiving environment alerts
- Optimize strategic and tactical decision making for the IT environment by tracking IT changes and growth in real time
Raritan EMX2-111-KIT's Technical Specifications:
|AMS||•Modular strips can be configured for 42U, 45U, 48U and 54U racks|
•Powered through RJ-45 port from PXv2 or EMX
•One RGB LED and connector per 1U
|AMT||•Unique 1-Wire electronic 64-bit ID|
•Scannable barcode matches electronic ID
•Adhesive backing to attach tag to IT assets
|Temperature & Humidity Sensors|| |
|Models||•T1: Single temperature sensor|
•T1H1: Single combo temperature and humidity sensor
•T2H2: Dual combo temperature and humidity sensors
•T3H1: One dual combo temperature and humidity sensor with two temperature-only sensors, one on either side of the combo sensor. Designed to easily support ASHRAE cool-air inlet temperature sensor placement guidelines
|Specs||•Temperature: +/- 1 degree C, range of •55 to +125 C in 0.03 C increments rounded up to 0.1 C|
•Humidity: Humidity +/- 5%, in data center range +/- 2% typical (20% - 80% RH)
|Air Flow Sensor||•Accuracy +/- 10% of full range|
•-10 to 60 C NC
|Air Pressure Sensor||•Accuracy +/- 0.1% of full range|